WHAT IS AAAASF?
AAAASF accredits thousands of facilities world-wide, making it one of the largest not-for-profit outpatient accrediting organizations.
- AAAASF requires surgeons to be board certified and have hospital privileges for any procedure they perform.
- AAAASF requires the use of anesthesia professionals for deeper levels of anesthesia.
- AAAASF requires a safe and clean surgical environment that meets stringent standards.
- AAAASF requires peer review (peer oversight) and tracks data for thousands of individual cases.
- AAAASF works closely with facilities and provides help throughout the accreditation process.
- AAAASF champions patient safety worldwide and has for nearly 40 years.
From the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities
Designed to ensure verifiable quality care with specific requirements, the AAAASF standards that our Bronx, New York office has met include:
- General Environment
- Operating Room Environment, Policy & Procedures
- Recovery Room Environment, Policy & Procedures
- General Safety in the Facility
- Blood and Medications
- Medical Records
- Quality Assessment/Quality Improvement