14 Jul AFTER YOUR ABORTION: DON’Ts and DOs
After Your Surgery: There are certain things you can and can’t do after your surgery.
- Listen to your body. If an activity causes pain, stop.
- Rest when you are tired.
- Don’t have sexual intercourse or use tampons or douches until your doctor says it’s safe to do so.
- Remember, you need to take it easy.
- DO NOT resume all your regular activities immediately after you procedure. Limit your physical activity for 4-6 weeks.
- DO NOT lift anything heavier than 5-10 pounds.
- DO NOT engage in strenuous activities, including vacuuming, or playing sports.
- DO NOT try to exercise in the same way and for the same length of time as you did prior to your surgical procedure. Take a gradual approach. Limit your activity to short, slow walks. Little by little, increase your pace and distance as you feel able.